Director of Friendship Circle Ministries
Letter from Amy...
Thank you for your interest in Friendship Circle! We strive to provide a safe and loving environment for all of the children in our care as well as prepare them for kindergarten. Most importantly, they learn about the love of GOD! I have had the privilege to watch several children grow from infancy to school age. When these children leave our program for the “big school” they are sent with extra prayers and a few tears from us. These children truly become like part of our family! I am blessed to be a part of Friendship Circle Ministries!
“Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes no only me but also my Father who sent me.”
CHILD CARE PROGRAM
Friendship Circle Child Care program will strive to provide a safe, caring, nurturing environment where children will find a "home away from home". It is a non-profit program, dependent upon tuition for financial solvency. This center is an open facility. Parents are welcome to observe or participate in activities at any time.
• To teach God's love through actions and words, as well as through stories, songs and prayer
• To create an environment that is safe and supportive
• To foster the individual child's independence
• To encourage enthusiasm for learning
• To provide opportunities to develop gross and fine motor skills
• To help each child understand the limits and expectations the teacher has for his/her behavior
• To provide your child with opportunities to work cooperatively with other children
• To share your child's day with you through verbal and written communications
• To offer activities/projects which will provide your child an opportunity to make choices according to his/her interests
The center is open from 7:15am - 5:30pm
Monday - Friday (year round)
The following are a list of the holidays that the church and daycare center will be closed:
New Year's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Children must be between the ages of birth to five years old
(Not have yet entered Kindergarten)
All children must have up-to-date immunizations as required by the State of Missouri Health Department.
(Record of immunizations must be on file with the center along with a completed medical exam)
Friendship Circle Preschool was originally founded in 1972 by a Methodist Women’s Circle known as the Friendship Circle. Friendship Circle is a non-profit program dependent on all preschool parents for financial solvency.
The goal of Friendship Circle Preschool is to create a pleasant, fun, first step into education for the development of a positive attitude toward learning.
Friendship Circle Preschool is committed to the development of the child in every way - socially, physically, mentally and spiritually by:
• Socialization skills, such as getting along, sharing and functioning within a group
• Develop large and fine motor skills
• Exposure to number concepts, colors and letters
• Hearing Bible stories about Jesus and praying during snack
• Field trips to the library, firehouse, dentist, etc.
• Readiness skills for kindergarten
Friendship Circle Preschool is committed to the development of the “total child”.